Vintage Plane Party

Today was the day, the day H turned 4 (well our party day anyway). It was also a bit of a farewell party.
It was a small party and a lovely day with special friends.
Here is the quick summary...

The invite was a postcard I made from an old book illustration.

The plane made from a box (instructions here)

The Tshirt placemat and 4 block.



 For the decorations I used some Vintage prints (the above one from Typo) on the walls and hung globes and aircrafts from fishing line across the ceiling.




 On the table I used placemats made from wrapping paper and used mini globes (also from Typo) and mini planes. 
I used a trolley to serve (like in the air) the hot food (meatball tomato mini subs) and cold chicken waldorf salad rolls with fruit salad cups.
We also had Hs favourite sushi rolls.
 The dessert table had cupcakes with chocolate planes, caramel cashew tarts, mini fruit flans, meringues, sultana almond mini cakes and the birthday cake was  a double layer chocolate cake with cream and strawberries in the middle and chocolate mousse icing.






Goodie bags were made with $2 cotton bags fromTypo (all the money goes to charity- Bonus!).

We played a few games - musical clouds (kids fly around like planes and when the music stops they must land on a cloud), scavenger hunt for toy planes and most of the time was spent making paper planes and flying them onto a map of the world (if you land in the water you are out!) and then making more planes and flying them around the backyard.

I made little books to go into the goodie bags containing vintage plane pictures and activities, I also popped in a plane eraser, compass, a model plane and some chocolates.
Not as big as the normal parties, but nice and cosy and fun.
Happy Birthday our cute,funny and adorable boy.

Comments

  1. Woweee! This looks unbelievable! What an amazing party. Happy Birthday H! I love, love, love your dessert table, goody bags, table setting and all your vintage inspired decorations. What a grand way to celebrate! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. unbelievable! I wouldn't have the energy to create such a party! we're HS'ers too.. i love your box airplane! will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your themed party looks amazing. I love the cupcakes with little airplanes and that cardboard box plane for the kids to sit in. hope you'll come link it up to my Travel challenge here to inspire us all http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/sandys-challenge-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your party is beautiful, I love the attention to detail. It would be great to share it with my readers, so if you are happy for me to share it, I'd love to hear from you and can be reached on editor@tinyandlittle.com.au.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops, I found it! Thanks for your inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it, I am not sure they still have them now though, but good luck.

      Delete
  6. I'm doing a round-up of airplane party ideas on Disney Baby and wondered if I could include a photo from yours? I'd just use one photo with credit to you and link back to your post. Let me know if that's okay.

    thanks!
    Janssen
    everyday-reading.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be fine, thanks for asking.

      Delete
  7. Where did you find the map wrapping paper used for the placemats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a few years ago, but I think it was a shop called typo.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts